Cleaning White leather Couch – White leather couch is one of the favorite colors, it makes your living room feel more luxurious and elegant. leather sofas are also popular because they are more durable than fabric sofas
Behind its popularity, leather sofas have the disadvantage of a porous surface that easily absorbs oil from our body which causes stains that easily stick to the sofa surface. White leather can look very dirty if not maintained properly.
Try to imagine you have a white leather sofa and you never clean it from ink stains and other stains. When your friends and family come and visit your home, you will feel embarrassed because the sofa is a reflection of our cleanliness.
In this article, we will discuss in detail how to easily clean a white leather sofa.
1.Clean light stain using leather cleaner
A professional sofa cleaner recommends a leather cleaner to clean a leather sofa. Most leather cleaners are effective for removing stains on real leather, vinyl and bonded leather.
One of the best leather cleaners is (a product) that is very effective for cleaning your leather couch. Leather cleaner is perfect for cleaning light stains and keeping the moisture of your leather sofa from drying out.
- Spray leather cleaner on the towels
- Rub the surface of the dirty leather sofa
- Let it dry.
- Use a leather conditioner to moisturize the leather surface
You can use a leather cleaner for routine weekly or monthly cleaning.
2.Clean light stain using household product
If you are very lazy to find out and buy a leather cleaner, you can use a household product. There are various kinds of household products that you can use to clean your white sofa.
Household product is easy to find in your home, using household products such as baking soda, white vinegar, soap dish also very effective in cleaning your leather sofa
For light stains, you can use a mixture of water and a soap dish or vinegar
- Mix water with soap dish or vinegar in a ratio of 1: 1 and put it in a bottle sprayer
- Spray the liquid on the towel
- Rub a towel on the dirty sofa surface
- Let it dry
- Use a leather conditioner
The method above is very easy to do and effective for cleaning light stains. If you have oily stains or want to deodorize your sofa from urine smell, you can use baking soda.
3. Cleaning Oil stain Using Baking soda
The oil stain will make the sofa look wet, even if the surface is dry. This happens because the oil gets trapped inside the leather and can’t dry out, and makes it look like it’s wet and dirty. Using baking soda is proven to be effective in absorbing oil so that your leather sofa looks clean again
The application of baking soda is also very easy,
- Sprinkle a few grams of baking soda on the oil stain that is visible on the surface of the sofa
- Let the baking soda sit for a few hours until the oil stain is gone
- Clean using a vacuum cleaner
The above method is effective for removing oil stains on white leather sofas
4. Clean permanent ink stain using Rubbing alcohol
Ink stain is one of the stains that often sticks to the sofa, especially for those of you who have a kid’s who like to scribble all over the place including on your sofa. So, how to clean white leather sofa from ink?
To clean ink stains can use rubbing alcohol or Nail Polish Remover. To use it you only need to follow the steps below
- Dip a microfiber cloth in rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover
- blot the stain, do not rub the stain as this may cause the ink to spread.
- After the stain is gone, use a mixture of mild soap and warm water ratio 1:1 and put on bottle sprayer
- Spray the liquid to microfiber towel and clean the sofa surface using a towel
- Let it dry
- Use a leather conditioner to moisturize the surface
When using an alcohol-based cleaner for leather sofas, apply a small amount of alcohol to an invisible area to see how the alcohol reacts to your leather sofa.
5. Maintain Cleanliness of white leather sofa.
- Clean with a soft cloth at least twice a week to remove dirt and dust, before using a cleaning detergent.
- When trying a new cleaner, test it in a small and hidden area before applying it due to some chemical that can damage the leather.
- Always clean fresh spilled stains using a mixture of water and a dish soap and wipe with fiber cloth
- Make sure the sofa is dry after the cleaning process before you use it, wet sofa is a favorite place for mold to grow
- Avoid sitting in jeans on the sofa. Because denim material that fades easily can stain your sofa
after knowing the best method for cleaning white leather sofas. Some of you may have various kinds of questions about white leather sofas. Below we have collected some FAQ:
Is white leather couch hard to keep clean?
Yes, leather sofas are very easy to stain and require extra attention for care and cleaning. Lack of regular cleaning can cause the sofa to get dirty and yellowing easily.
Before buying a sofa, consider whether you have kids and pets. If you have a pet and kids, it is best to choose a dark leather sofa. If you already buy it, the best way is to do routine maintenance.
Do white leather couches turn yellow?
Yes. It is a natural process of white leather couches turning yellow because it is caused by natural oxidation processes such as exposure to air, dust, and the sun over time. If not cared for properly, white leather sofas will turn yellow faster.
While it’s impossible to prevent oxidation, you can do a lot to slow it down. For example, using a leather conditioner to keep the leather moisture for slowing down the process of turning the sofa into a yellowish color.
How do you clean yellowed white leather?
If your white leather sofa turns yellow due to the oxidation process, one way you can do this is by recoloring your sofa using a leather sofa dye available on the market.
A sofa that changes to a yellowish color is not dirty, so it is impossible to change the color back to white using a cleaner. If you insist on cleaning it, it will damage the skin layer of your sofa. The best thing is to use leather sofa dye.
How do I protect my white leather sofa?
Even if you do everything you can to prevent stains and spills, the fact is that it is very difficult to do. The best way you can do this is to buy a waterproof sofa cover that you can put on it
That’s all the method that you can use to clean the white leather sofa. Make sure to do a routine cleaning to make your sofa look more attractive, if someone comes to visit your house you will feel more confident.
After the cleaning process, always use a leather conditioner to make your sofa more stain resistant and doesn’t turn yellowish.
Share your experience in cleaning leather sofas using household products in the comments section